2019 San Francisco HXO Collaborative Roundtable
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 | 4:00 – 8:30pm
As healthcare leaders, we are faced with more challenges than ever before. True solutions require a shift in thought and practice. This is only possible when we come together, across systems, to collaboratively determine the best practices and innovative thinking necessary to advance our industry and truly reshape patient care and safety. Participation in these programs is the beginning of the active change we seek.
Governing Board Co-Chairs
|Lori Armstrong, DNP, RN
Chief Nurse Executive
|Dennis P. Lund, MD
The Elizabeth Wood Dunlevie Professor
Professor of Surgery, Chief Medical Officer
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
Associate Dean of the Facility for Maternal and Child Health, Stanford University School of Medicine
Governing Board Members
- Jeff Arnold, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System
- Sameer Badlani, MD, FACP, Chief Health Information Officer and Vice President, Sutter Health
- Dale E. Beatty, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President Patient Care Services, Stanford Healthcare
- Chris Boyd, Senior Vice President, Area Manager Northern California, Kaiser Permanente
- Carlos Bustamante, PhD, Inaugural Chair, Department of Biomedical Data Science, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Catherine Carlson, Chief Quality Officer, El Camino Hospital
- Stuart Cohen, MD, Chair, Infectious Disease, UC Davis Health
- Timothy W. Cutler, PharmD, BCGP, Interim Assistant Chief for Ambulatory Care and Supervisor, UCD Health; Anticoagulation Clinic, Controlled Substances, and Primary Care, Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Pharmacy, UC San Francisco School of Pharmacy
- Alan Dubovsky, Chief Patient Experience Officer, Cedar-Sinai
- Serge Blaise Emaleu, MD, Global Health Consultant, Infectious Diseases & Tropical Medicine, Infection World Health Organization
- Michael Espinoza, Director of Patient Experience, Performance Excellence, and Patient Relations, UC Davis Health
- John Grubbs, MS, MBA, RPh, Chief Pharmacy Officer, UC Health
- Banning Hendriks, Director, Patient Experience, OHSU Healthcare
- Ranjit Hundal, Chief Medical Executive, Mills-Peninsula Health System, Sutter Health
- Kelly Johnson, Vice President Patient Care Services, Chief Nursing Officer, Stanford Children’s Health/Lucille Packard; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Craig Joseph, MD, Interim Chief Medical Information Officer, El Camino Hospital System
- J. Douglas Kirk, MD, Chief Medical Officer, UC Davis Medical Center
- Cynthia WS Lee, Vice President Strategy and Business Development, Sutter Health
- Grace Lee, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer for Practice Innovation, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Michelle Lopes, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Senior Vice President and Chief Nurse Executive, John Muir Health
- Barbara Mayer, PhD, RN, Director of Nursing Quality and Practice, Stanford Health Care
- John Morton, MD, MPH, Chief of Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Fred Nishioka, Director, Pharmacy, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford Children’s Health
- Thomas Osborne, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, VA Palo Alto
- Irving Pike, MD, FACG, FASGE, Chief Medical Officer, John Muir Health System
- Cheryl Reinking RN, NEA-BC, MS, Chief Nursing Officer, El Camino Hospital System
- Steven M. Schlossberg, MD, Vice President and Chief Medical Information Officer, John Muir Health
- Niraj Sehgal, MD, MPH, Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hospital Medicine, UCSF Medical Center
- Tait Shanafelt, MD, Jeanie & Stewart Ritchie Professor of Medicine; Chief Wellness Officer, Stanford Medicine; Director, WellMD Center; Associate Dean, Stanford School of Medicine
- John D. Stobo, MD, Executive Vice President, UC Health
- Mike Sutten, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Alpa Vyas, Vice President, Patient Experience, Stanford Health Care
- Eric Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Kaiser Foundation Hospital – Santa Clara
Collaborating on Change: Navigating Significant Challenges Across Systems
With more and more challenges facing the healthcare industry, it’s difficult to determine where the immediate needs are or how to even start addressing the issues. The 2019 HXO Collaborative Roundtable Dinner Series takes an intimate look at critical challenges facing leaders in San Francisco today. Leadership panels will look at the future of the industry, discuss the most pressing barriers, and collectively create a roadmap to generating forward momentum to positively impact patient care.
|Chris L. Boyd
Senior Vice President, Area Manager
Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara
|John Grubbs, MS, MBA, RPh
Chief Pharmacy Officer
|Kelly M. Johnson, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer
Stanford Children’s Health / Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
Director and General Manager, Healthcare
Sirius Computer Solutions
The Governing Board is reviewing nominated sponsors and selecting the industry-leading partners that they will be inviting to participate. For sponsorship inquiries, please email Tony Dunham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dinner Moderator Sponsor
A national integrator of technology-based business solutions, Sirius helps healthcare organizations improve quality of care, control costs and ensure compliance with holistic, agnostic solutions. Sirius works to help organizations innovate by transforming patient care, clinical efficiencies and business impact. Our dedicated healthcare practice is led by individuals who have direct industry experience, including IT leadership positions with major provider organizations. Whether you’re challenged by regulations (such as HIPPA, the HITECH Act and/or Meaningful Use for ICD-10), the migration from fee-for-service to fee-for-value, medical and customer data floods or just overall cost pressures, Sirius can help. siriuscom.com/solutions/healthcare
AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services to healthcare facilities across the nation. AMN provides unparalleled access to the most comprehensive network of quality healthcare professionals, and delivers managed services programs, healthcare executive search solutions, vendor management systems, recruitment process outsourcing, predictive modeling, mid-revenue cycle solutions and more. AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. For more information about AMN Healthcare, visit amnhealthcare.com.
With more than 25 years of molecular experience, BioFire Diagnostics, LLC sets the standard for molecular diagnostics through its pioneering advances in syndromic infectious disease testing.
As BioMérieux’s Global Center of Excellence for Molecular Diagnostics, no other company has FDA-cleared and CE-IVD marked assays for more pathogens. BioFire Diagnostics has produced the easiest, fastest and most comprehensive multiplex PCR system available: the FilmArray.
The FilmArray System from BioFire is the new standard for syndromic infectious disease diagnostics. Simple, fast and comprehensive, the FilmArray delivers accurate results in about an hour. The right test, the first time can impact all areas of patient care. Healthcare providers can see faster diagnoses and improved antibiotic stewardship. Labs can see improved efficiency and reduced costs and downstream testing. biofiredx.com
Qventus is a system of action for optimizing patient flow. Over 70 leading hospitals and health systems, including Mercy, Fairview, and New York Presbyterian, are using Qventus to unlock $10M+ in annual financial benefits — by decreasing LOS, reducing excess days, increasing patient volumes, and more.
Qventus uses machine learning to predict potential problems before they occur. It then drives immediate action, recommending the highest priority activities to frontline staff, automating key steps whenever possible, and simplifying coordination among interdisciplinary teams.
Qventus is also a true partner, with a team of experts in data science, healthtech deployments, and change management.
Qventus. Simplifying how healthcare operates. qventus.com
RingCentral, Inc. is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world. ringcentral.com
With student loan debt now reaching upwards of $1.5 trillion in the U.S., there’s never been a more important way to help your valued employees reach their financial goals faster. SoFi’s unique employee benefits – student loan contributions, refinancing, and education – offer an easy and comprehensive way to build financial wellness at your company. Together with our 500 customer service representatives and suite of resources and tools via our online Student Loan Help Center, these offerings help empower your employees to make sound decisions around their student debt. Add SoFi to your benefit program in no time; no integration necessary. SofiAtWork.com
Location and Venue
Mission Bay Conference Center
1675 Owens St.
San Francisco, CA 94158
Phone: 1.866.431.8273 | Website
Please contact Tony about any of your dinner or sponsorship needs.
Healthcare Executive Forums
503.765.5467 – Direct
503.919.1717 – Cell