Commitment to Your Privacy
Effective Date: August 23, 2017
Please read this Policy before you submit any information to us. By using our Services, you consent to the collection and use of your information as outlined in this Policy. If you do not agree with the content of this Policy, you should refrain from using our Services.
INFORMATION HIF GATHERS AND TRACKS
HIF gathers the following types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to register for our events, receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys, or other functionality offered through the Sites:
- Information about how you use our Sites, including what pages you visit throughout our Sites, what features you use, and what terms you search for.
- Technical information about the device you use to access our Sites, such as your IP address, browser type and language, the date and time you accessed our Sites, any undeleted cookies your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Personal and non-personal information about you, like updated contact information or additional demographic information, obtained from our partners, affiliates, and other third parties.
HIF tracks user traffic patterns throughout the Sites. Every interaction is tracked based on the logged in user. HIF also breaks down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
HIF tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, associating these terms with individual users. We use aggregated tracking information to determine which areas of our Sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We use aggregated tracking to determine how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Cookies are required to use our Sites.
USE OF INFORMATION
HIF uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience when using our Services, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the Sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
We use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in events, polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We also use your information for the purposes for which you provided it to us, such as to deliver services that you requested or to respond to your inquiries.
We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing.
We use the information we collect to determine which areas of our Sites users like and don’t like and to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our sponsors better understand our audience’s demographics. HIF creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns and anonymized search terms, survey responses, discussions, and peer questions for advertisers, sponsors and partners.
HIF reserves the right to use the information we collect to enforce the legal terms that govern the use of our Services.
Through use of the Sites, you have the opportunity to reach out to top sponsor organizations on an individual basis. Doing so will reveal you individually to the sponsor individual or organization you reach out to.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
HIF may share your information with third parties in the following instances:
- When we engage third-party agents and service providers to process your information on our behalf. For instance, we periodically release your name, job title, organization name and mailing address collected on our Sites to bonded, third-party mail services to facilitate delivery of information provided by our event hosts, sponsors or partners.
- For legitimate business purposes connected with the provision of the Services. For legitimate business purposes connected with the provision of the Services for customers of HIF or its subsidiaries. Where information is shared with a third party for a legitimate business purpose, we will seek reasonable assurances from that third party that the personal information will be processed for legitimate reasons and appropriately protected.
- To comply with applicable law or valid legal process, establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect the rights, property or safety of HIF, our affiliates or subsidiaries, our users or the public; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, sale of all or some of our assets, or bankruptcy.
- If you consent to such sharing.
HIF also may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties, including advertisers, investors, and partners. The use and disclosure of aggregate or de-identified information is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
HIF uses a variety of security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or disclosure or destruction of your personal information. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that HIF collects. Transmission of login credentials are protected through a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. Other content interactions on the Sites, including messaging, posting content and making a comment may or may not be protected by the SSL certificate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, so please use caution when transmitting personal information on our Sites.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
Links to third-party websites, applications and other services may be made available through the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party services. Any information you provide via those services is subject to the applicable privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
The Services are operated in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are a resident of the European Union or other location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide through the Services will be transferred to the United States or other designated locations outside of the United States for certain processing/hosting operations. By using the Services, you consent to this transfer and to the use of your information as described herein.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT NOTICE CONCERNING DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Law permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@Healthcareforums.com or write to us at 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150, Las Vegas, NV 89145.